No, this is not some type of drug. Costco sells a big tub of milled flax seed at a real reasonable price. You can add this stuff to shakes, or pancakes or it's a great substitute for eggs, butter or margarine. It has lots of fiber, Omega 3's and a tasty, nutty flavor. We bought this a month or so ago and have been adding it to all sorts of things (and you can't really tell). I used it in cookies instead of eggs and they tasted better than ever. Just a tip for those who want to add it to food storage... so we'll be able to make cookies in the event of a tragedy. :)
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have used Flax Seed Oil to add to things, but have never tried the actual milled stuff. You will have to send me some recipes - sounds yummy!
I love flax seed although I have never purchased it myself. I am free all next week. Call
I'm using Josh's computer by the way. Sorry. Annie
Yes, please share some recipes. I think I would buy it and then it would sit forever unless you can spoon feed me...
Jenny I found you through Holly's blog. This is Mckenzie. Your family is so cute! Hope all is well, and I love your post on flax seed, I never knew you could use that as a subsitute for things. I'll have to try that.
Post a Comment