Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vacations... how sweet it is to come home!

The Desert Ridge in Scottsdale, AZ
-the lazy river

During our shopping... Bryan said,
"This is beautiful here!"
(we both agreed it would be hard to live there when it gets any hotter...and it will)

At the pool before we got rid of our farmer tans :)

Dinner at Maggiano's w/ Jeff & Jen.
Best Mushroom Ravioli I've ever tasted!!

For our 5th anniversary Bryan surprised me with a weekend in Scottsdale.  It was the 1st time I'd ever been away from my little 1 yr old (overnight) and it was AWESOME!  I really appreciated the freedom for a couple days & only having to worry about feeding & taking care of myself.  How fun & selfish!!  No disciplining, no changing diapers, no naptimes, no rice cereal... just laying out & shopping.  We had 85 degree weather & sunny skies the whole weekend.  Coming home, however, I couldn't wait to see my kids & relieve my sweet (and probably exhausted) babysitter.  We ended up having a 2 hr. layover in the AZ airport, which absolutely killed me.  When we finally got home it was the sweetest reunion ever!!  Kimball still remembered his "mommy" and Anna was happy to see us too.  I'm sure everyone will agree with me: leaving for a couple days makes you such a better parent. :)

Now I have to get ready for our next week's trip: my parent's 50th Anniversary at a beach-house in CA with.... NO KIDS!!  I'm sad to leave them again but I guess we'll get all our traveling done early this year!

6 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh man.... so jealous! That pool looks amazing!!!

Holly said...

First of all - you look awesome! Second of all - I love Maggiano's, I went there one year for a work function. You went to AZ at the perfect time of year. Are you sure you don't want to come visit me in June when it is 110? :)

Katherine said...

Sounds sooo fun! I am ready for a vacation in a nice warm sunny place!

Aly G said...

Happy 5th! Time goes by so fast right?! Hope you have fun in Cali! You guys look so tan!

jennie said...

Love your suit, and want to hang with you STAT.

Justin said...

Yeah it was really hard to leave Lily last December but we were glad we did it, and agree that it probably helps you be a better spouse and parent to have a break every now and then.