Monday, September 20, 2010

Caution...nudity

My little munchkins have kept me so busy lately that I don't blog anymore!! I'm posting mainly for the sake of family history. I want to print my blog but I don't have anything recent so I keep putting off printing it.
Baby Isaac is 10 1/2 months now and is the sweetest part of each day. He snuggles, kisses, hugs and just wants to be around us. He gets so excited when we open the door to the basement (where he sleeps), and we walk down the stairs to get him. He stands up in his crib and starts jumping. It's so sad that we have his bedroom in the basement but that's the reason our house is for sale. We're stuffed in here! Ike's days are filled with pulling toilet paper from the roll, turning on & off the DVD player and climbing under things only to realize that he can't stand up under them. And, in turn, hitting his head...
Anna started preschool (again) and it feels crazy to have 3 kids and none of them are in full-time school yet. Next fall she'll finally go to Kindergarten but that's still only half day. Not that I'm complaining but it's going to be REAL NICE when there are less people to clean up after. Anna just asked to get her hair cut short like mommy's but wanted it long the next day. Ahhh, if it were only that easy.

The funnest thing Bryan and I have been doing this summer (besides being mommy & daddy) is training for various races. Bryan just did his 1st triathlon in St. George and he ROCKED it! We were so proud of him and his dedication to swimming this summer. Every morning, 4:45 am, he's amazing. (Pics on the way.)
I did the Wasatch Back Relay (Ragnar) with a bunch of friends (and Bry's friends) and LOVED it. It took a few months for me to be able to say that I loved it but I'm glad I did it. Once your baby starts sleeping through the night it's difficult to willingly sacrifice a night of sleep. That's what Ragnar is. But it was awesome and I got to know some amazing people!!


Kimball is still my little trouble-maker but he also melts my heart every single day. He is so dang sweet. He was so happy to find my running shoes (yes, those huge shoes are mine) but kept falling all over the place. His favorite thing is for me & Bryan to tell him stories about when we were his age. But he has to make up the terms. Such as, "mom, tell me a story about when you were my age and you rode a horse and fell off and popped a balloon".
People keep telling me these days go by fast and before I know it my kids will all be teenagers. Is that true???

4 comments:

Katherine said...

So fun to see your update! Looks like you are all doing well, and your kids are DARLING!!! I need to take some motivation from you. I had a crazy summer with my running, but am finally starting to get back into a 'regular' routine. I need something to train for! Miss you!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

your guys' kids are super-cute! And way to go both of you on marathons, that's amazing!

Holly said...

About time you posted! :) Good Luck selling the house! And, I hear you about 3 little kids at home, constant mess. Payton's kindergarten is full day. Jealous? Ha Ha.

Aly G said...

Love the updates! Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe it! We sure miss ya! Hope all is good with you guys! Keep in touch:)