Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We're not quite adults yet...

As promised, here are a few pictures from Bry's triathlon in St. George last month. He rocked the race and we had so much fun supporting him. Bry has more dedication than I will EVER have! He is hard core. :)

Morning of the race... EARLY morning.

Hawaii!!!
We just returned from our trip to Maui aNd Disneyland and I had a realization:
I am so much happier when I'm with my kids...even though I'm usually in complete chaos. We tried to spend a day at the "adult pool" in Maui and we realized we fit in so much better with all the families at the kids pool. Maybe it was the fact that we weren't ordering Mai Tai's and beer all day. But it was so much more fun to watch the kids going down the water slide and having fun...even if they weren't OUR kids.
We had an amazing time just the 2 of us but we missed our kids DEARLY!
Every day we would imagine how much fun they would be having but we were so grateful we didn't have any naptimes or bedtimes to worry about. We could exercise when we wanted (spin class on the beach), go to movies when we wanted (saw Social Network & Red...loved them both) and go do dinner with no sippy cups & cheerios. :) Very relaxing!!
The view from our hotel room...
All in all it was an amazing trip! So fun to spend time with my sweetheart and just worry about each other. Not diapers & formula. :)
It's always nice to come home though... even though I've spent most of the past week sending kids to time-out.

3 comments:

Aly G said...

Wow! You guys have been up to a lot! That is awesome that Brian ran that! Wow, you will be next I am sure miss runner you! I bet you guys had so much fun with out kids even though deep down you do miss them! Good "recharge" vacation, I am in need!! Miss ya!

Holly said...

JEALOUS is all I have to say. Except I have still yet to leave my kids overnight. Hawaii might be too big of a step for me, maybe a local hotel would be nice!!! And congrats to Bryan!! And how are you so tan in November??????

anderson family said...

Gorgeous picture of you!! I'm glad you and Bry got to do that.