A look at the finish line... before we began.

A picture after I finished. Looks like my kids had a good time while I was gone!

I did it and even beat my goal-time!!
My first half-marathon began something like this: (does anyone else talk to themselves??)
"I'm so mad Kimball woke up at 3 a.m. this morning. But I'm thankful he greeted me with a smile. He always does."
"I'm so thankful Bry took him for a drive from 4 a.m.-7 a.m. so I could sleep. That's an awesome husband. Do I really feel rested or is this just adrenaline?"
"I can't believe Anna is so sensitive and cried the whole way to the race because we left her blanket in our hotel room. It's not like we checked out!! But she was so cute when she said 'good luck mommy! Go win the race!'. I still love her."
"I wonder when I can stop nursing Kimball. He's 9 months old and has teeth. When is he going to accept formula or milk?? I guess we're saving money..."
"I've only gone 3 miles?"
"What should I eat after the race? I think there is an 'In N' Out Burger' here. Bring it on."
"6 miles. That wasn't so bad. I hope Kimball sleeps better tonight. If he won't fall back to sleep I swear I'm putting his crib in the bathroom while he cries."
"I love running to 'Twilight'."
"Mile 8, 9, 10, 11, 12..."
"Mile 13- that wasn't so bad! I could do this again. But next time I want to run with someone else so I don't have to talk to myself the whole time."

10 comments:
Good job Jenny! What race did you run? That's funny you talk to yourself when you run, I usually feel like rocking out to my music. But I know I cant, because I would look crazy! It's a neat feeling having your family waiting at the finish line. The night before the Bear Lake marathon I was sleeping in a one bedroom cabin with all three of my kids. It was TERRIBLE!! No one would sleep because they weren't in their own rooms, Blake was still little and I had to nurse him during the night. And in the middle of night I realized I forgot to bring underwear to run in!! I dont think I slept a wink that night!
That is hilarious Teri! I can't believe anyone runs a marathon. That's SO long!! I ran the St. George Painters Half Marathon. Next time I would pay BIG BUCKS to leave my kids w/ someone overnight. :)
Good Job! What was your time, can I ask? IF I ever do one my goal is 2.5 hours. I talk to myself the same way, and talk about what I did the other day, what I want to do, I always dream about crafts and things I can make, that makes the time go fast. Let's run one together someday! We can fly out and meet and leave the kids home so we don't have to worry about them! Sounds like a plan!
1:52 was my time. I was just happy to beat 2 hours. I would LOVE to run one with you someday... we could meet somewhere in the middle. Colorado? :)
Jenny. Your comments are HILARIOUS! You need to have your own column...oh wait, you do! I miss you and your witty humor. I want to see you soon!
Good job Jenny, you are such an inspiration to us all!!:)
Hey can you send me your address to ostlerdeb@hotmail.com? Thanks.
Congrats!!! That is so cool that you did it and that you beat your goal time. Good job! And no .. it is not weird that you talk to yourself. I do it the entire time I swim! :)
Some of us talk to ourselves even when we're not doing something worth blogging about. Like sleeping.
Jenny that is so awesome! I could never do that. And I think it is cool that you talk to yourself while running...because I talk to myself all the time when I am just doing nothing so... I am glad to hear that I am not crazy. But then again maybe I am. I am a Stinson....
Shawn
I never told you how proud I am of you. I LOVE YOU FROM HEAD TO TOE and wish I could be more like you! xoxoxo
Post a Comment